The Syrian military has lost over 110 warplanes during the nearly eight-year-long conflict inside Syria
The following infographic shows just how chaotic and dangerous Syria’s skies have become by providing an overview of estimated aircraft losses.
According to Statista Charts, the Syrian military lost a total of 111 warplanes during the wars, including their reconnaissance and attack drones.
Furthermore, as the graph above shows, the Russian Air Force lost 17 warplanes, Israel and the United States lost four each, Iran and Turkey lost three each, and Jordan lost one.
The Syrian military lost most of their aircraft during the first four years of the war, while the previously mentioned air forces lost most of their warplanes over the last five years.
Since the Russian military entered the war, the Syrian Air Force has suffered less aircraft losses, which is due in large part to the delivery of new warplanes from Moscow.
The U.S. incidents on the infographic take into account two UAV crashes, the fatal crash of an F-16 after a technical issue in November 2014 as well as the crash of a V-22 Osprey in September 2017 which injured two crew members.
Here are 2018 incidents previously reported on Fighter jet world
- Russian Military Aircraft with 14 on board shot down by Syrian air defense
- Syria shoot-down Israel F16 by Anti-aircraft Fire
- Russia Ka-52 attack Helicopter crashed in Syria, Two pilots dead
- Russian Su-30SM crashed in Syria , 2 killed
- Russian Su-25 Frogfoot Attack Jet Shot Down In Syria
- Video of AN-26 Crash- Russian Antonov-26 transport plane crashed in Syria ! 32 Died
- Syria Claims to shot down an Israeli warplane and four missiles in Israel’s first air strikes since Syrian air defence upgrade
- Watch: Direct hit of a Surface to Air Missile on a Syrian helicopter
- Israel shoots down Syrian Air force SU-22/24 Fighter jet by using Patriot missiles
- Unidentified military plane crashes in Syria- Local Media calming its Apache Heli
- Syria Claims Their Air Defenses Struck an Israeli Plane
- Israeli Patriot Interceptor Missile shot down a Russian Unmanned Air Vehicle