Paramount has just released the first official trailer for “Top Gun: Maverick”, which will hit theaters in 2022.
- Tom Cruise Makes Surprise Appearance At Comic-Con with first ‘Top Gun: Maverick’ Trailer
- Paramount Pictures Released First Official Trailer of Top Gun: Maverick
Here’s everything we have noticed in the Latest Trailer of “Top Gun: Maverick”
The trailer is pure nostalgia peppered with plane stunts. The trailer opens on a desert plain with a jet rising to the course over it.
Ed Harris’ voice-over is heard “Thirty-plus years of service…you can get promoted or retire, but you refuse to die.
You should be a two-star admiral, yet here you are a captain.”
Then images of Cruise in the iconic leather jacket, racing on the motorcycle, singing in the bar with his buds, Jon Hamm stepping on the airfield as a commander, and shots of Cruise flying in a snowy caravan.
“Maverick you should be headed to extinction,” says Harris and Cruise answers “Maybe so, sir, but not today.”
Interestingly, some footage shows “Maverick” flying an F/A-18E/F loaded with what seems to be a pair of GBU-24 LGBs (Laser Guided Bombs) and AIM-9X AAMs (Air-to-Air Missiles).
Moreover, the fact that an F-14 will appear in “Top Gun: Maverick” is not a secret.
In December last year we posted the first shots of Tom Cruise at Lake Tahoe next to an old F-14. The same Tomcat, that appeared to have a Phoenix emblem under the cockpit, later made a comeback aboard a U.S. Navy carrier, when the very same aircraft was spotted, with black painted tails and phoenix-like insignias, entangled in the flattop’s crash barricade, during filming aboard USS Theodore Roosevelt in San Diego. Well, the aircraft (in CGI) makes a cameo at the end of the trailer…
- Here’s F-14 Tomcat Fighter Aircraft Used For the Filming Of “Top Gun: Maverick”
- Tom Cruise Reunites With An F-14 Tomcat on Snowy Set in Tahoe In ‘Top Gun 2’
- Legendary F-14 Tomcat is back on The Deck Of An Aircraft Carrier For Top Gun 2 Production
Here is “Top Gun: Maverick” Trailer Video: